Why moving your store from BigCommerce to Shopify can be beneficial?
In some cases, it’s just more cost-effective to migrate to a new platform than to support the existing one. It also happens when you need to upgrade and redesign your software to adjust to new technologies and customers’ requirements.
Why migrate from BigCommerce:
- The pricing plan increases automatically when using BigCommerce.
- The number of free themes is highly limited.
- The Page Builder isn’t intuitive enough.
- No POS solution available.
- No email marketing options.
- Selling is highly dependent on paid apps.
There is no copy-paste method to migrate your BigCommerce’s store, however, it’s totally doable when you have the right support. At WeCanFly, we’ll be happy to help you with your BigCommerce to Shopify migration. Our Shopify migration services include overcoming all the arising difficulties.
Migration from BigCommerce to Shopify with WeCanFly
If you establish a collaboration with an expert, migrating from BigCommerce to Shopify will be quick and easy!
We’ll smoothly take you through four steps of BigCommerce to Shopify migration:
- The first step is often a technology workshop. We want to make sure that Shopify Plus is the best option for you, so we need to get to know your business, current systems, and your infrastructure.
- We set up your stores by providing the required data.
- We choose all the data you want to migrate.
- We professionally run a transfer – first, we export your data from BigCommerce. Then, we import it to your Shopify store.
- Finally, we complete the migration and review/update all imported data to make sure everything is just as it should be.
Then, we’ll also take care of other parts of successful migration. We’ll provide you with professional advisory services at any stage of our collaboration. We’ll make sure no risk is included. Finally, we’ll also make sure to integrate your new platform with the necessary apps and programs.
BigCommerce vs Shopify – Why is it worth choosing Shopify?
Both BigCommerce and Shopify are powerful e-commerce platforms. However, Shopify is a solution that enables you to set up an appealing store in a minimum of time and manage it seamlessly. Therefore, most entrepreneurs choose Shopify migration.
Shopify vs BigCommerce – market share
Shopify is much more popular than BigCommerce. It powers around 18% of global websites. BigCommerce only powers approximately 3%. Shopify has been also growing in Google Trends.
Ease of use
Shopify is chosen more often than BigCommerce. It has a user-friendly editor and a great onboarding process. It’s perfect even for those who have no technical knowledge at all. You can use it with no experience in design or coding. BigCommerce requires various technical skills at some point.
Both platforms allow for an impressive number of customizations. However, customizing your store with BigCommerce requires some technical skills. Shopify provides you with over 70 unique, responsive, and professional themes you can manage easily and intuitively. Many of them are not available elsewhere.
Shopify offers better customer support. It takes you automatically to the related support pages directly that you ask for. There is also a large community to help you out with queries if needed.
BigCommerce vs. Shopify pricing
BigCommerce price is quite similar to Shopify’s price. The price points are nearly identical (three pricing plans: BigCommerce: from $39/ month to $399 / month, Shopify: from $32 / month to $399 / month). Both platforms offer a free trial.
BigCommerce Enterprise vs. Shopify Plus
Both solutions offer pricing plans for large companies. However, they are not included in the standard offers as they are based on requirements particular clients may have.
Summing up, when it comes to pricing, there are no relevant differences. However, Shopify gives you more room to grow. It is easier to scale to a higher plan, as your business develops.
What data from BigCommerce can you import to Shopify?
When you decide to migrate BigCommerce to Shopify, we’ll move the following data for you:
- Products – name, SKU, description, status, price, manufacturer, promotional price, metadata, URLs, variants, size, weight, and images.
- Product categories and subcategories – name, descriptions, metadata, URLs.
- Customer information – first name, last name, address (all details – city, zip code, state, country).
- Order information – date, purchase list, amount, payment details, quantity, price, promotional price, tax, shipping information, and comments.
- Coupons and discounts.
- Blogs – articles with SEO information.
- CMS pages.
No worries, at WeCanFly, we make sure you won’t lose any of your data!
Benefits of successful migration
Migrating from BigCommerce to Shopify, if done correctly, can bring you a lot of benefits. We’ll not just move your data, it’s much more. Here is what you gain:
- Managing your online store will be much easier. If you don’t have technical expertise, this will mean a lot for you to easily add new products, manage orders, etc. It won’t take much time for you to find your way around.
- Reliability: BigCommerce vs Shopify Plus – Shopify Plus is probably the most reliable and stable platform out there. No downtime and delays. Everything works just fine.
- Stunning themes that are customizable – Shopify has so many themes that cannot be found elsewhere. There are dozens of hidden gems you can discover and use in your store. At WeCanFly, we can also build a custom theme for you to make your online store stand out from your competitors.
- Scaling up is as easy as 1, 2, 3 – Shopify is perfect for companies that want to develop rapidly. You can easily add new sales channels or expand into new markets.
- Platform re-design – migration is a perfect moment to upgrade your e-commerce platform in every aspect (user experience, performance, marketing automation and more).
- Shopify Plus is a perfect solution for headless e-commerce. You can easily separate your back-end infrastructure from your front-end customer touchpoints. It’s a great way to build new selling opportunities anywhere, globally.
Now, you know the benefits. Ready to find a new vision for your business in Shopify?
Top 3 things you need to know before migrating from BigCommerce to Shopify
When you compare Shopify and BigCommerce and decide that you want to migrate, here are some useful information and tips:
- Before the migration starts, think about the most important integrations (ERP, CRM systems, etc.) and data that needs to be migrated.
- Think about the best time to conduct the migration process. We usually advise our clients against migrating their stores during e-commerce peak seasons. The migration process and all the milestones should be carefully planned so that your business continuity can be maintained.
- There are three ways to migrate data from BigCommerce to Shopify:
- Manual migration – it’s laboriously moving your BigCommerce’s store to Shopify. There are many procedures to carry out if you want to fully import your online store. It’s a long process even if you have a store evaluation procedure already prepared.
- Assisted migration – you get a team of professionals to handle everything on your behalf. This is a bit more expensive solution, but it saves your time and is the most reliable, as you use the services of migration experts. It’s a kind of delegation of authority in data transfer to a 3rd party. It’s the best option for those who are not tech-savvy but still, want to develop and scale up their businesses.
- Automated migration means using one of the automated systems to migrate your data. The data transfer tasks are performed automatically by intelligent migration tools. Unfortunately, not all migration tools are efficient and cost-friendly so it’s quite difficult to find the best one.
It seems that the best option is to hire someone who will migrate your store for you. You don’t have to spend time doing it yourself and all technical issues that come up are handled by experts right away.
Why migrate with WeCanFly?
E-commerce platform owners usually migrate to Shopify because of lower maintenance costs and speed. Our team has conducted many migrations to Shopify so you can be certain you won’t lose organic traffic from search and your site performance won’t break. At WeCanFly, you are provided with:
- Migration to Shopify and Shopify Plus – with our help, everything will go smoothly.
- Safe content migration – we’ll make sure you will keep your position in Google.
- Ongoing support – we’re here for you until we know your Shopify store works perfectly. We’ll monitor your site performance and help you get accustomed to the new platform.