When comparing these two options, Shopify seems to be a winner for sales-focused businesses that seek an easy-to-use, well-featured, and relatively automated e-commerce solution. Most business clients who use our WordPress to Shopify migration services, bring up the following drawbacks of the WordPress platform:
- There are many moving parts. You need to select hosting for your website, install an e-commerce plugin, a theme, and then additional plugins for SEO and marketing.
- WordPress is an expensive solution. Technically, WordPress itself is free, but when you add the cost of necessary modifications, as well as the cost of maintaining the infrastructure and the development team, it may turn out to be costly.
- Security is on you, unlike Shopify which manages its own secure servers.
- Maintenance is a nightmare. You have to implement regular updates.
Let’s take a closer look at how to migrate the WordPress site to Shopify.
What is necessary to perform WordPress to Shopify migration?
At WeCanFly, we take care of each part of the successful WordPress to Shopify migration. The migration process can be difficult and strenuous but with the right partner, you can transfer WordPress to Shopify quickly and easily. When you decide to move your e-commerce business to the next level and start your Shopify adventure, we will:
- Analyze your current situation and choose the solutions that work for your business best.
- Find the right approach for your Shopify WordPress integration.
- Carry out the data migration process. All your information must be transferred safely, and we’ll make sure it will. We’ll export data from WordPress and proceed with data sync between the two platforms.
- Keep your store as high as possible in Google.
We’ll transfer the following data:
- Customer and product information.
- Collections, product listings, and historical orders.
- Blogs and articles.
- Discounts and reviews.
- Subscription details.
Shopify vs WordPress – choose a perfect solution for your business
At WeCanFly, we’ll make sure to cover everything so that you can understand the migration process (including data security) entirely. If you have any questions regarding the process, don’t hesitate to contact us. With us, your migration to the Shopify ecosystem will be as painless as feasible.
Shopify vs WordPress – what’s better for e-commerce?
Once you decide to import WordPress to Shopify, you should get prepared to grow. It’s inevitable when switching from WordPress to Shopify. Replatforming to Shopify means fewer abandoned carts, more scalability, more extensions, and better sales tools. Shopify has been designed with e-commerce in mind, so every aspect of this all-in-one commerce solution is geared to providing tools to help businesses grow and prosper. Ecommerce website builder, inventory, order management tools with online sales channels – when you switch to Shopify, you get access to a wide variety of handy tools that make your sales skyrocket. On top of that, Shopify allows you to sell globally in no time.
Shopify benefits over WordPress
So, you know why migrate WordPress to Shopify for your e-commerce. What else? What other benefits does Shopify offer over the WordPress solution?
- Shopify offers built-in analytics. You can easily check which products are underperforming and how you can improve. You can keep a watch on your growth and sales.
- You don’t have to accept 3rd party payments as Shopify offers its own payment solution. Users can pay in their local currency and the app stores information for future purchases.
- Shopify offers outstanding multichannel sales options. It makes it easy to sell everywhere. You get built-in integrations with Facebook Shop, Amazon, eBay, and Instagram.
- It’s easy to automate operations like shipping label printing, order routing for drop ship, etc.
- Shopify offers amazing support at your disposal. They are available on live chat, phone, and email 24/7, all year round.
- Shopify is SEO-friendly. It is extremely beneficial for better Google ranking. While migrating from WordPress to Shopify, your product URLs would change. However, we give special attention so that it has no effect on your search engine rankings.
- Shopify is perfectly scalable which is going to determine your growth and success.
What’s better for SEO – Shopify or WordPress?
Very often, we are asked by our clients if Shopify works the best for SEO as WordPress does. Sure, WordPress has many coding advantages and SEO plugins, however, both platforms offer the same results. Also, Shopify provides you with services like Podium or Google My Business which is great if you are a local business. These tools help you boost your local reviews and local SEO.
Import WordPress to Shopify without mistakes with WeCanFly
While migrating an online store, especially when you’ve already started scaling up your business, might be tricky. There are many things that can go wrong when you conduct the WordPress to Shopify migration yourself.
- Some data may not be transferred properly – there is a risk of losing some customer or order information.
- Some links can be broken as pages are changed (in some cases, they can even be removed).
- Gap migration occurs when you migrate the new products or pages that are created during the migration process and after the data was backed up.
- There may be some SEO issues after the migration.
The good news is that you can easily avoid the above-mentioned issues. At WeCanFly, we have performed dozens of migrations to Shopify. We’ll make sure your data is transferred securely and we’ll trace and repair broken links if needed. During the migration, we’ll merge the new WordPress data and migrate it to Shopify. Finally, we’ll conduct a post-migration SEO health check to make sure your traffic is safe.
Not convinced yet? Take a look at Shopify WordPress integration
WordPress and Shopify are two different platforms. Each of them owns its unique features but if we find this solution the best for you, we can combine the best functionalities of these two platforms to build your ultimate store website. It is possible to set up a professional and fully customizable website with WordPress and at the same time, benefit from powerful shopping carts and the product management systems offered by Shopify. We can achieve it for you using WordPress plugins. Even if this might sound a bit weird, there are many business owners that use WordPress and Shopify at the same time to run their online store. However, such an option is easy to use, and you can customize the theme however you like. There are many customization options, and you can manage everything from a single dashboard.
Check WordPress to Shopify migration services offered by WeCanFly
We know how important your business data is. Therefore, we do whatever it takes to transfer your online store quickly and successfully to Shopify. You don’t have to worry about safety – we save all data, including products, categories, clients, orders, and business logic. On top of that, to make sure everything is taken care of perfectly, we collaborate with Shopify support on a regular basis.