If you are already running your Magento store, you may consider migrating it to Shopify. Let’s start from explaining why you may want to leave Magento behind:
- It’s complicated and relatively slow – implementing changes and adding new features are really time-consuming.
- There are many errors and glitches.
- It takes a lot of time to maintain the platform.
- Customer support is below the average.
- The total cost of ownership is much higher when compared to Shopify.
Check our Magento to Shopify migration services
We are a Shopify Plus agency for rapidly-developing brands. If you want to work with the best available e-commerce platform, Shopify Plus will bring you all the benefits you need and expect from such software. We are ready to migrate your website to Shopify turnkey. At WeCanFly, you get:
- Smooth and full data transfer (products, customer information, content, orders).
- No technical issues on the way.
- Migrating or adapting your design to Shopify, or developing a totally new theme, tailor-made with your brand book in mind.
- A dedicated Project Manager who leads your project from start to finish.
- Different engagement models depending on your needs.
- Professional support.
What does the Magento to Shopify migration workflow look like?
When you want to proceed with Magento to Shopify data migration, the following steps should be taken:
- Find out whether Shopify Plus is the best option for your e-commerce needs and requirements. To make sure you’ll benefit from the migration, we’ll invite you for a workshop. During the workshop, we’ll get to know your business, your current infrastructure, and systems. Then, we’ll create recommendations, together with a roadmap and quotation.
- We’ll set a Shopify account for you – there are different pricing plans so that you can choose the one that suits your needs best. You can also start with a free trial.
- We’ll create a backup of your Magento store – make sure your data is safe and sound! If you migrate your store on your own, be careful about the migration not to fall apart. When you choose Shopify data migration at WeCanFly, we have the safety of your store covered! We’ll carry out the complete backup (system, database, and media)
- We’ll export data from Magento. You have to export your customer and product data onto a file so that the Shopify application gets it smoothly.
- We’ll import your data to Shopify and review the data you have imported. You just need to click ‘Import’ once the Magento file is downloaded. Don’t forget to check if you’ve important everything that should be moved and whether there are no errors or bugs.
- We’ll design your new e-commerce platform according to your preferences. Shopify is almost fully customizable. It allows you to create beautiful, yet intuitive themes. Check the Shopify theme development services at WeCanFly.
What do Magento to Shopify migration services include?
Migrating your online store from Magento to Shopify requires making sure that all data is successfully moved. The process may include some risk – the most important operating structures should be carefully transferred. During Magento migration, we’ll transfer your:
- Products (name, description, SKU, price, URL, promotional price, variants, SEO data, etc.).
- Product categories and subcategories with names, descriptions, URLs, SEO titles and descriptions, etc.).
- Product visuals with all necessary details – color, size, shape. Also, data of orders (amount of purchase, customer data, order status, quantity, promotional price, comments, shipping price, payment details, order date, etc.) is important.
- Images and static page content (blog, contact page, all CMS pages).
- Promotions, coupons.
Magento vs Shopify – why is it worth choosing the Shopify solution?
Do you know that Shopify currently supports over 3.75 million live stores all over the world? On the other hand, there are around 160,000 live stores running on the Magento platform. Statistics speak for themselves so many business owners at some point decide to migrate their e-commerce processes to Shopify Plus. However, different businesses have different needs. Therefore, we’ll find the best solution for you during the discovery workshop at the very beginning of our collaboration. In the meantime, let’s introduce some of Shopify’s pros:
Ease of use
Shopify has been designed to help business owners build and manage their online stores. Therefore, it’s more straightforward than any other platform. You need minimal effort and time to maintain your Shopify store whereas Magento requires some technical knowledge. The ease of use is strongly connected with the total cost of platform ownership. Also, when you choose a SaaS solution like Shopify, your store (and its features) grows automatically with your business growth.
Shopify offers a great security system when compared to other platforms. All patches are installed by Shopify’s team. The platform is fully compliant and provides SSL encryption to manage the private data of customers.
Shopify offers a nice variety of features for e-commerce management. You can easily manage all your business operations. When it comes to storefronts, you can choose out of 70 themes and enjoy mobile-friendly solutions. At WeCanFly, we can also create a fully customized storefront if you want to make sure your design is 100% unique. Shopify’s shopping cart offers a free SSL certificate and intuitive payment gateway installation. Managing the store is easy, as well as inventory management. You have access to powerful analytics.
There are numerous plugins for accounting, shipping, and customer service available to Shopify users running their e-commerce platforms. Shopify offers around 1,500 add-ons for free.
Speed and performance
Speed and performance are of the utmost importance when it comes to e-commerce websites. Spotify stores usually have a faster loading time than Magento ones. Also, it supports headless e-commerce.
Shopify clients can easily get assistance with any technical issues that may arise. There is 24/7 support available, plus, the big community. On the other hand, Magento dedicated 24/7 support can be only found in Magento Commerce and Commerce Cloud.
4 reasons to choose Magento to Shopify migration service at WeCanFly
The process of Magento migration can be quick and easy. All you need is a reliable partner who will guide you through the entire process. Here is why you should consider WeCanFly to move your online store to Shopify Plus:
- We are an experienced team of developers, designers, software engineers, and project managers. We have migrated dozens of online platforms. We have learned all the ins and outs of creating solutions for the e-commerce industry. We work with the best coding practices and the latest technology trends in mind.
- We are data-driven – we believe in analytics. Each decision we make is based on numbers. Before we move your online store, we’ll conduct detailed research to discover the background of your store and analyze options that should be implemented during migration. Reach out to us – we’ll explain how you will benefit from the migration process.
- We are reliable – recommendations speak for themselves. Our customers love working with us!
- We have excellent customer service. We are client-centric. Once we establish the collaboration, we’ll assign a dedicated project manager that will be a contact hub between your company and our IT experts. Also, we provide you with comprehensive support whenever you need our help.
Find out our Magento to Shopify Plus migration case studies
At WeCanFly, we have carried out numerous successful Magento to Shopify migrations. In our portfolio, you will see examples. We mostly work for the following industries: fashion, beauty, and home&decor. However, we don’t set any limitations when it comes to the industry – we are open to challenges.
See how we moved the Heinrich Dinkelacker store from Magento to Shopify Plus, even if the existing technology couldn’t keep up. Heinrich Dinkelacker is the signage collection of the German brand ShoePassion.